Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Painting the set

The smaller room set is almost painted, and just needs rebuilding now, those pictures will be shown soon. The larger set has had the wood fixed down to it, and has been gunked (artex) ready to be painted.

I started with a mix of the brown with a darker blue, which made a really dark brown, but it wouldn't go into the cracks, so we put a very watered down mix of the brown and left it over night. The next colour was straight from the bottle and was dry brushed on top, if you don't know, dry brushing is a technique where you take the majority of paint from the brush, the brush itself has no water on it, and then you stroke across, so it becomes a powdery sort of texture. The next colour to go on was a mix of a golden yellow and the brown, dry brushed lightly on top, then finally a dry brushed highlight of the yellow by itself.

The main set will be painted also in this method, and I will hopefully manage to finish the first coat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment