Monday 12 December 2011

Character animation.

The character animation module has almost been completed. This means I have quite a lot to talk about.

The first thing I did after my last post, was create my animatic. This started with a collection of drawings I drew in photoshop, then edited in other software. I didn't actually add any sound, as I was still contemplating what sorts of sounds and music to use at the time.


After the animatic was completed, I set out to draw all the pieces I used to do the animation with. My main inspiration at the time was an episode of "Samurai Jack"


This episode was mostly just in black and white, and I loved the strong Good and Evil relations to the white and black, so I decided to use it in my animation. I used white card on top of black, and split apart the characters so I could move them, using blue tack. After a lot of work I finally managed to get it all done, and edited it with some strange musics, and some self-recorded sounds, to create my final animation.


There are a few things that I would have liked to change, but overall, I'm very pleased with my outcome.

P.S. Thanks to Dan Roberts for groaning like a zombie for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment