Wednesday 16 November 2011

Where things are going with the set.

Right, first of all I'll talk about the set I have been building.

The first thing I did, once I had the new measurements, was to make foam board walls to the correct scale. The scale was 50cm x 50cm x 55cm. These were then reinforced with wooden borders, knowing the foam board sometimes warps.



We decided that the easiest way to create the wooden texture of the cartoon, in our time-scale, was to do it with more shaped and carved foam board.

With the help of my classmates, we were able to create enough "wood" to cover the walls of the set, and I proceeded to blue tack it down, and then finally glue gun it down.


To then create a rougher texture, I then coated the set in "gunk" (Artex). The next thing to get done, is to spray it with a black paint, to give it a good undercoat for brown. I will most likely start with a dark brown, then dry-brush with a slightly lighter brown, then finally highlight with a lighter brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment