Thursday 15 March 2012

Much more of Zeke's project!

In all this time I haven't blogged, I've also been doing more work for Zeke, finally helping him with his set when I can.

The first thing he asked me to do was to help with the papier-mâché, giving the base a bit more 3 dimensional quality.
When that was done, the sides of the set were painted green, as Zeke built a maquette for the church. After that we started to paint the pathway with a brown colour, mixed with granulated sugar, which gives the floor more texture. The path has changed colour a lot of times since then, but it's worth it to get it right.


Another job I was given was to make some gravestones to go into the grassy areas. I cut these shapes just out of foam board, and then they were also given a coat of the sugar paint, but black, then painted grey, then highlighted light grey, finally with white text painted on them.




Above shows some of the trees. They've been made with wire and foil, then covered in plasticine, except for the first one which was super sculpy. The plasticine worked just as well so he continued with that. The plasticine was then sculpted, undercoated black, then built up dry brushing coats of brown all the way to a few white highlights.


This is a photo of the church Zeke has built midway. The roofs are all balsa wood, and the main sculpt is foam board, covered in sculpted plasticine, painted similarly to the gravestones. Since then he has finished the church, and is moving on to some other things. We still have a few more trees to do, and then we can finish up this set. It already looks great and it's not even finished yet, so we'll see how it looks when it's done!

3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, I'm loving that set you guys are building!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! It's actually all done now, you should check it out on his blog, I'll give you the address. Unfortunately I was only helping out on this one, I didn't do too much, but I did some nice little details, and there's a lovely sign that I painted. I can't take much credit for this set though, it's mostly his own work. We also have a great set in the works which I will post about when I get chance!

    Also I love your work! and your drawings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://zekeares-animationcreation.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete